1. operates Automatically Fired Boilers to Generate Steam that Supplies Heat or Power for Buildings or Industrial Processes: Lights Gas- or Oil-fed Burners, Using Torch
2. starts Pulverizer and Stoker to Grind and Feed Coal Into Furnace of Boiler
3. observes Pressure, Temperature, and Draft Meters On Panel to Verify Specified Operation of Automatic Combustion Control Systems, Feed Water Regulators, Stoker, Pulverizer, and Burners.
4. turns Valves and Adjusts Controls to Set Specified Fuel Feed, Draft Openings, Water Level, and Steam Pressure of
5. observes Boiler and Auxiliary Units to Detect Malfunctions and Makes Repairs, such as Changing Burners and Tightening Pipes and Fittings.
6. may Test and Treat Boiler Feed Water, Using Specified Chemicals.
7. may Maintain Log of Meter and Gauge Readings and Record Data, such as Water Test Results and Quantity of Fuel Consumed.
8. may Be Designated According to Fuel Burned, Type of Boilers, or Class of License Required